Background Checks for Transportation and DOT Verification
Whether you use a company vehicle, run a fleet, provide public transportation, or use trucks that weigh over 26,001 pounds, it’s important to create a driver background check program that fits the needs of your organization.
If an employee’s duties include driving a company vehicle, investigating their motor vehicle driving record is essential. Know which MVR screening your insurance company requires. Don’t know what you need? We help you manage that so that you stay compliant.
Risk Assessment Group specializes in creating programs that fit. That means verifying your candidates driving record, collecting alcohol and drug screening history, and conducting DOT Employment Verification when necessary.
For those companies who operate large vehicles, know if you need DOT verification in your background screening package.
This background check is specific for drivers operating a vehicle that weighs over 26,001 pounds and includes the following information on their driving history:
- Moving Violations
- Insurance and Registration Fraud
Unsure if your company or fleet needs DOT? We know what you need to keep your employees and those on the road safe.
There are a number of essential searches available for you fleet or drivers:
- Address Verification Search / Social Security Number Search
- County Level Criminal Records Search
- Department of Justice Sex Offender Registry Search
- National Criminal Database Search
- Federal District Court Search (examining all 94 federal districts)
- Consolidated Global Watch List (including sanctions and denied parties)
Add the following to elevate your program:
- FMCSA Pre-Employment Screening System PSP
- FMCSA Clearinghouse
- DOT Employment Verifications
- Motor Vehicle Driving Reports
Professional Certification Verifications Whether you are hiring for office work, mechanics, or drivers in the transportation industry, know that your company is choosing the right candidate for the job and that your current staff maintain clean records while actively employed. Choosing a background check company you trust makes that process easy.